For the past four years, I have been traveling solo during my birthday. In fact, it was what brought me to start travel blogging in the first place. From being in Honolulu, LA, and Denver, I decided to go for a US destination that really exemplified style, charm, and beachside fun. For me, Palm Beach was everything I was looking for in celebrating my 26th birthday. But let’s get real for a minute…..
The cons to having a birthday in the middle of January:
- Everyone is broke from the aftermath of the holidays.
- People tend to forget your birthday because of the aftermath of the holidays.
- The weather is generally too cold to do anything.
The pros of having a birthday in the middle of January:
- Flights are cheaper.
- Many destinations are in low peak season.
- Many business offer beginning of the year discounts to hotels, tours, etc.
Because my birthday month is the ideal time to travel, I’ve always felt the need to begin my coming-of-age milestone by exploring a new place solo. Throughout the years, many people have asked what I normally do while I’m traveling solo, so I am happy to exclusively share my 3-day birthday itinerary in Palm Beach, FL.
3-Day Birthday Itinerary to Palm Beach, FL
SATURDAY: January 19, 2019
- Arrive in West Palm Beach (PBI) at 12:30 PM
- Catch Uber to Airbnb
- Check in at Airbnb approx 1:00 PM
- Visit Palm Beach’s Clock Tower: 423 S Ocean Blvd, Palm Beach, FL 33480
- Visit Worth Avenue’s Shopping District: 150 Worth Avenue Palm Beach, FL 33480
- Visit the Garden/”living wall” in 150 Worth Avenue Palm Beach, FL 33480
- Order pizza in before 5:00 PM at poolside
SUNDAY: January 20, 2019
- Wake up at 7:00 AM
- Get at Nick’s Diner: 1900 Okeechobee Blvd C9, West Palm Beach, FL 33409 10:00 AM
- Leave Nick’s Diner at 11:00 AM
- Arrive in Downtown Clemantis West Palm Beach at 11:30 AM
- Visit Flagler Park: 162-198 S Clematis St, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Walk around Clematis Street
- Eat at Sloan’s Ice Cream: 112 S Clematis St, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
- Return to Airbnb at 3:00 PM
- Visit Paramount Theater Building: 139 N County Rd, Palm Beach, FL 33480-3908
- Visit Gucci Courtyard: 256 Worth Avenue Palm Beach, FL 33480
- Visit Palm Beach Town Hall: 360 S County Rd, Palm Beach, FL 33480
- Eat at Echo: 230 Sunrise Ave, Palm Beach, FL 33480 7:30 PM
- Return to Airbnb at 9:00 PM
- #Bubblebathandwine night
MONDAY: January 21, 2019
- Wake up at 7:00 AM
- Take photos at the Palm Beach Hotel: 235 Sunrise Ave, Palm Beach, FL 33480
- Get breakfast at Publix: 135 Bradley Pl, Palm Beach, FL 33480
- Pack belongings
- Arrive to PBI Airport: 1000 James L Turnage Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL 33415
- Leave PBI Airport to Houston
What do you think about my birthday itinerary? Let me know in the comments! Special thanks to Angela Cruz from Palm Beaches Photography for taking photos of me during my birthday trip! Be sure to follow me on my Instagram for more of my Palm Beach adventures! Until next time!